Equestrian trail number 3
Equestrian trail number 3 passes through a rural, hilly landscape, characterized by interchange of forest hills and cultivated valleys with small Zagorje villages. The trail passes through three valleys: the valley of the Horvatska riverbed, valley of the Erpenjšica riverbed and valley of the Kosteljina riverbed binding the villages of Risvica (Villa Zelenjak-Ventek), Mihanovićev dol and Klanjec in the river Sutla valley, then the health resorts Tuheljske Toplice and Krapinske Toplice and the village of Škaričevo, where there is the boarding house Vuglec Breg. The general direction of the trail is towards northeast.
- The trail begins in the river Sutla valley, at the foot of the hill of Krunplovo next to by the Villa Zelenjak-Ventek. It passes down the main road in the direction southeast, at the foot of the mountain Cesarsko brdo (509 MAMSL), up to the village of Mihanovićev dol where it turns left and passes through the villages of Klanjec and Dol Klanječki and changes its direction, leading further towards northeast.
- The trail continues down the local road to the dry riverbed with seasonal stream. There from, the trail turns towards the village of Sveti Križ consisting of several houses scattered across the hills.
- Part of the trail passing through the village of Sveti Križ consists of ascents and descents until it reaches finally the valley of the Horvatska river.
- The trail then passes across the valley to the village of Črešnjevec, situated at the foot of the next hilly region. Southeast from the village of Črešnjevec, there is the health resorts Tuheljske Toplice.
- From Črešnjevec, the trail continues almost straight towards north, through mostly forested, hilly and very sparsely populated area to the hamlet of Juraši within the village of Trsteno.
- Right at the curve, the trail changes direction, leads southeast and passes through the hamlet Prekrati within the village of Mala Erpenja. There from, the trail continues towards east through the valley of the Erpenjšica riverbed and near to the short left tributary of this riverbed, through the hamlets of the village of Lovreća sela, to the edge of the valley of the Kosteljina riverbed.
- There from, the trail turns and passes through the valley and riverbed of Kosteljina and – in the place where the river Svedružina discharges into the river Kosteljina – the trail turns right towards the hills. After approximately 260 meters, in the ravine of the next seasonal stream, the trail turns sharply towards south and passes through the hamlets of the village of Čret.
- The trail continues in the south direction towards the hamlets of the village Hršak Breg and in its center, the trail again turns sharply to the north and northeast and enters the village of Škaričevo, where it ends at the boarding house Vuglec Breg, surrounded by woods in the north and by vineyards and fields in the south.